Nye County will be hosting an Open Meeting Law (OML) and Ethics in Government training sessions on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. The training will be accessible at the following locations:
• Beatty Justice Court – 426 C Avenue South
• Pahrump BOCC Chambers – 2100 E. Walt Williams Dr.
• Tonopah BOCC Chambers – 101 Radar Road
The class will be run by a representative of the Nevada Attorney General Office in the Tonopah chambers and teleconferenced to Beatty and Pahrump.
Pursuant to the mandate made by the Nye County Board of County Commissioners at its June 6, 2017, regular meeting, all public body members are required to attend Open Meeting Law and Ethics training once within the first year of being appointed and every even numbered year during their term.
Pursuant to NRS 269.579 and the Town Advisory Board Operating Guidelines, training for members is mandatory. Each member of a town advisory board shall, at least once during the first year of the member’s initial term of office and at least once during every subsequent year that the member serves in office, attend training relating to:
1. State statutes and regulations and local ordinances, resolutions and regulations concerning land use planning, development and any other subject matter that the board of county commissioners deems necessary; and
2. The provisions of chapter 241 of NRS.
Please contact Administrative Manager Samantha Tackett at email@example.com or call 775-751-4270 should you have any questions or need more information.
Reminder – Should a quorum be attending from any public body please ensure a notice is posted advising the public of the event, and include that no action will be taken.