On December 16, 2014 The Board of County Commissioners will be making the final selection on two of the five CDBG applications that have been received. The five applications in which they will be making their final selection on are listed below:
1. Beatty Water and Sanitation District-To address becoming ADA compliant. Upgrades to the bathroom facilities as well as providing additional accommodations for disabled individuals. Upgrades to the exterior building and parking lot. Requested amount is $85,000
2. Beatty Community Recreational Tourism Enhancement Project: Design and construction of recreational trails and facilities. Job creation, retail expenditures and lodging. Requested amount $150,000
3. Gabbs Swimming Pool renovation: Repair damages to the deck, prepare and paint pool, bring restrooms, drinking fountain and showers up to ADA compliance. Requested amount $49,500
4. Pahrump – Calvada Eye: Replacing the 38 year old lighting along Calvada BLVD from SR 160 to the end of the County property and within the parking lots with energy efficient and brighter lighting. Add concrete curbing and valley gutters to control drainage from parking lot to existing street, install asphalt pavement and striping for parking stalls and traffic signage. Requested amount $522,00.00
5. Pahrump Calvada Eye Recreation Trails Project: To create a network of trails that would provide greater access to trails and would provide a trail for the category of highest use, walking for pleasure and/or exercise. Requested amount $150,000
Public comments regarding the above projects will be accepted and addressed at the December 16, 2014 meeting by the Board of County Commissioners.
It is anticipated that no displacement of persons will occur as a direct result of these projects. The project summaries, anti-displacement plan; community development and housing needs statement; and a description of the County’s past performance of CDBG grants will be available for public inspection in the Administration Office located at the Nye County Administration Complex, 2100 E. Walt Williams Drive, Suite 100, Pahrump, NV, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. through December 15, 2014.