Nye County is soliciting applications for the 2014 CDBG program. Attached is the preliminary application due no later than October 18, 2013 @ 5:00 p.m., with presentations to be scheduled at the November 5, 2013 Board of County Commission meeting.
CDBG funding may be used for a variety of community development activities, such as:
• acquisition of property for public purposes
• construction or reconstruction of streets, water and sewer facilities, neighborhood centers, recreation facilities and other public works
• rehabilitation of public and private buildings
• public services
• planning and capacity building activities
• assistance to nonprofit entities for community and economic development activities
• assistance to private, for-profit entities to carry out economic development activities, including assistance to micro-enterprises
Program funds must be spent on projects which primarily serve Low and Moderate Income (LMI) persons. Seventy percent of the projects funded must benefit communities and neighborhoods where at least 51% of the residents have annual household incomes of 80% or less of the median income for their respective counties. Seniors and Children are both considered LMI.
For more information on the program and to request an application please contact:
Amy Fanning, Grant Administrator at
(775) 751-7091 or