Nye County Assistance Application Guidelines

Required Documentation

Once the Nye County Assistance Application is completed and the required documentation listed below is obtained, schedule an appointment by calling either the Tonopah or Pahrump office.

Bring the following documentation to your scheduled appointment:

  • Identification for each person residing at the same address
    • Valid NV Driver's License, Nevada ID, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate proving birth in United States, Alien Resident Card or Passport.
  • Proof of all monies received in the last thirty (30) days by all persons residing at the same address, including:
    • Social Security, TANF, pensions, etc.
  • Current rent receipt or mortgage statement
  • Current electric and propane bills.

Some of the assistance programs are for one-time assistance per grant year, and may also require information in addition to that mentioned above.

Rent and Utility Assistance:


  • Proof of future income, and
  • Either proof of a recent loss of monies through no fault of the applicants (i.e., layoff, reduction of hours)
  • Or proof of recent payment of emergency medical bills, home repairs, or car repairs

Transportation Assistance:

Transportation Assistance requires a letter from the medical facility indicating the date, time, reason and location of the medical appointment.

Child Care Assistance:

Child Care Assistance requires proof of employment for all adult household members.

Energy Assistance Program

Nye County Health and Human Services is also an intake site for the State of Nevada Energy Assistance Program. An application can be obtained at either the Pahrump or the Tonopah office. In addition to completing the application, please provide the following:

  • Valid identification on applicant
  • Proof of ALL household income
  • Current rental lease or mortgage statement listing ALL household members
  • A 12-month printout from the utility provider
  • Current copy of power and/or gas bill