Information on Next Live Auction
Spring 2023 Tax Sale
- Live Tax Auction returns March 24, 2023, 10 am in Pahrump and Tonopah.
- Call 775-482-8148 with questions related to this tax sale.
Pahrump Commission Chambers
2100 W. Walt Williams Drive (map link)
Tonopah Commission Chambers
101 Radar Road (map link)
NYE County TREASURER TRUST AUCTION
The $500 deposits will be accepted starting Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at the Treasurer's Office in Tonopah and Pahrump. Please download the Bidder Information form and bring to the Treasurer's Office with the deposit.
Tonopah Office Pahrump Office
Deposits will be accepted starting March 15, 2023 until the morning of the auction at 9:00 a.m. The $500 deposit must be made in the form of certified funds: Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders or Cash. If you are a successful bidder, your deposit will be applied to the purchase price. If you are unsuccessful, your deposit will be returned by mail within seven (7) business days of the auction.
Obtaining Property Lists
All properties subjected to auction can be found in the Pahrump Valley Times and the Tonopah Time-Bonanza newspapers 4 weeks prior to auction. Full list will also be posted here.
Registration & Payment Information
- More information will be posted in the future.
- If you are a successful bidder, your deposit will be applied to the purchase price.
- If you are unsuccessful, your deposit will be returned at the end of the sale.
- Deposits must be made in the form of certified funds: Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders or Cash.
Payment requirements are:
- There is no financing - no exceptions.
- Cashier’s checks. money orders, and cash for payment in full, (including Real Property Transfer Tax) on the day of the sale.
Sale of real property Disclaimer statement
Research and Inspect Thoroughly Before You Bid
It is the responsibility of prospective purchasers to do their own research, prior to the auction. It is your responsibility to perform due diligence on all parcels and make any independent investigation you deem necessary. You may contact Nye County departments/offices as part of your due diligence. The County's sole purpose for the sale is to recover the delinquent taxes.
Properties are sold “AS IS”
- All properties are sold AS IS and all sales are final.
- The County makes no representations, guarantees or warranties regarding the physical condition or stability of any of the parcels being auctioned, the existence of hazardous materials on or under the surface of the parcels, the suitability of the property for the bidders' purposes or for any other purpose.
- The properties are being conveyed subject to existing covenants, conditions, restrictions, reservations, rights-of-ways, easements and any other possible encumbrances.
- The County is making no representations, guarantees or warranties regarding any liens or encumbrances that currently exist or may exist in the future on any parcels.
The County of Nye is not liable for the failure of any device that is not owned, operated, and managed by the State or County, that prevents a person from participating in any sale. “Device” includes, but is not limited to, computer hardware, a computer network, a computer software application, and a computer Web site.
You must be at least 18 years old to bid
After the Property is Purchased:
Nye County will issue and record a quitclaim deed to the successful purchaser of each parcel within 4-to-6 weeks of the auction. The successful purchaser is responsible for recording and filing fees. The Treasurer’s Office will mail the deed to the buyer upon completion of the recording process. There is no redemption period on property acquired through the tax auction. Once you receive the recorded deed, the property is yours. Nye County will not assist any purchaser in obtaining actual possession of the property. Please refer to NRS 361.595 for more information regarding quitclaim deeds and tax sales.
Per NRS 361.600, there is a two-year period where the previous owner of the property may protest the sale and during which title companies may not issue title insurance. You should contact a title company for more information regarding title insurance.
Questions regarding the tax sale and this statement can be directed to the Nye County Treasurer’s Office at (775) 482-8148.